- This document sets out what we do with your personal data in relation to AMI Sports: Golf. The app is an optional app licenced through a monthly or annual subscription and designed for individuals to easily log and monitor their golf, training and well-being data on their tablet/phone. The app is essentially an intelligent athlete monitoring tool for golf.
- This document applies to you if you have ever logged any information through AMI Sports: Golf including completing a subscription. This notice is designed to inform readers about how the app collects and uses personal data. It applies to you if you download and sign into the AMI Sports: Golf app.
Who we are
- The Open University is the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below. This means that the Open University decides why and how your personal information is processed.
- Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless it mentions otherwise, it’s referring to the Open University
What information do we collect about you, and how do we collect it?
Information that you give to us
- To use the AMI Sports: Golf app, we require you to sign in with your login details and password. This is the login you generated when you registered with the app (managed through ‘My Profile’ in the app).
- We collect information that you supply when you register with the app or contact us to make a request or enquiry, such as your name, contact details and nature of your request
- We collect and store all data you log through the monitoring functions of the app – “Monitoring Data”. This includes the daily well-being survey, illness and injury, golf practice and competition, strength and conditioning session data, and other physical activity data. You also have the option to add ‘Team Members’ to your profile and they will be emailed a copy of your weekly summary report. They will not be able to view your in-app data.
Information that we collect automatically
- Your sign-in data is validated against your subscription record. This includes your full name and subscription expiry date.
- For support purposes should you encounter an issue, the app collects additional data about the device that it is installed on, such as hardware model and operating system.
- No data is collected by merely installing and opening the AMI Sports: Golf app. Data collection only happens against your user account once you have successfully signed in.
- When you sign in to the app, we collect Log Data about how you use the app. The Log Data includes usage statistics (e.g. the time and date you start and stop using the app, and which screens you view).
- We do not collect offline usage data.
Information that we receive from third parties
- If you have subscribed to AMI Sports: Golf app via the website rather than the App Stores, then we will have received confirmation of your payment via our third-party payment processing plugin. Your registration details will come to us directly from the form you complete upon payment through the website. We use third party plugins to collect this data from you.
- The app includes links which open the AMI Sports website using your device’s web browser. There is no difference between using these links and going to the website manually.
- Our Google Play Store and Apple Store administrators (who are OU staff members based on campus) receive aggregate download statistics, as well as review and rating data, from those stores.
How do we use your personal information?
- You consent to the gathering of the Monitoring Data, by setting up and entering this data.
- It is in our legitimate interest to use the Log Data for troubleshooting, should you email email@example.com to report an issue.
- We will not use or share your information with any third-party.
- If you have accepted the ethics policy, your Monitoring Data will also be used anonymously for research purposes and will be shared with the research team.
- The outcome of any study completed on the data collected may form part of one or more scientific publications and may inform research related to health and wellbeing, mobility, computer science, and related fields. You will not be identified in any report or publication. The data collected will be retained for analysis and may be used to provide information to selected parties.
Who do we share your information with?
- We use third party suppliers and service providers for ensuring app functionality and supporting developments.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose to them any personal information that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
- If we collect your personal information, the length of time we keep it for is determined by a number of factors including our purpose for using the information and our legal obligations.
- We have a retention schedule for information and keep identifiable records only for as long as they have a legal, business or research purpose (see the ethics policy for retention of anonymised data).
- The Log Data is retained for 30 days
- The Monitoring Data is retained whilst you continue to have an AMI Sports:Golf account
- The Research data will be retained for 10 years post publication of research
- You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, which apply in certain circumstances. In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below in ‘Contact us’.
- You have the right;
- To withdraw consent for the use of your data, by deleting your account or changing the data you log.
- To access your personal information that we process
- To rectify inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you In some circumstances, you also have the right;
- To have your details removed from systems that we use to process your personal data, by deleting your account, and/ or withdrawing from research within the withdrawal time frame
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways
- To obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured electronic data file
- To object to certain processing of your personal data by us
To delete your account, you will need to request this by contacting the AMI support email address below. If you delete your account, we will remove all your personal data from the app, but if you are participating in the research project and it is past the withdrawal timeframe, then we will retain anonymous research data.
If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO’s website www.ico.org.uk for further details.
- Please direct any queries about this document or about the way we process your personal information using the contact details below.